Sonia may be hosted either within the institutions' IT infrastructure or in a secure cloud hosted by QSR International.
Supported Internal Servers
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 4
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 4
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 with Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft Windows SQL Server 2012 with Service Pack 4
- Microsoft Windows SQL Server 2014 with Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows SQL Server 2016 with Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows SQL Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows SQL Server 2017
- Oracle 11g Release 2
- Oracle 12c Release 1
Sonia also works well in a virtual server environment such as VMaware.
Sonia requires its own IIS Application Pools to run in. Refer the Sonia installation guide for more details.
We recommend spreading the Sonia server functions over multiple physical or virtual servers for optimum performance and reliability.
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Workstation systems for placement staff
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- macOS (requires additional software)
Web browsers for students, supervisors and placement providers
- Microsoft Edge
Mobile devices for students and supervisors
- Android OS 5.0 or higher
- iOS 8.0 or higher
When it comes to Field Education, there's almost nothing that Sonia can't do!Beth Lewis, Director of Field Education – Bryn Mawr College, USA